Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I Like to Be Here When I Can . . .

Sorry for the lack of posts in a few days. The truth is that I'm working on two (2) big things for the blog. They'll be up soon. In the mean time, check out my new poll: the best 80s movie.

Rounding out the last polll, we find that 29.55% of you are looking forward to drinking a beer on the Terrace on a Friday afternoon, by far the favorite. Very nice choice, I must say!

Sleep, sticking it to the man, and recreational reading were all tied for second with 11.36% each. I wonder how many of you will actually be sticking it to the man, though. Probably not that many. I mean, aren't some of us actually going to be the man? Yeah, you know what I mean.

Superheros didn't fare as well as I had hoped, with X3, Jesus, and Dickey each getting only 9.09%. Maybe I'm mischaracterizing Jesus, but I think that turning normal water into something that'll get you drunk pretty much guarantees you superhero status. And I won't even entertain the notion that Dickey's not a superhero.

Sadly, you're all a bunch of morons because the ultimate superhero, Superman, received only 6.82%. You'll all be singing a different tune, though, when Superman Returns hits the theatres. I have no doubt it'll be better than X3.

Finally, the Farmer's market brings up the rear with only 2.27%. I guess people don't give a shit about fresh produce. I know I don't.

5 Comments:

Blogger Santi said...

First off, The Empire Strikes Back was episode V, not IV. Shame on you.

Second, any poll of the best 80s movie not containing Raging Bull is a crime against humanity :(

6/21/2006 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Good god, I might as well jump off a bridge. Anyway, the thing's fixed now. My apologies all around.

6/21/2006 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger M.T. said...

This is my write-in vote for Dirty Dancing in the poll.

6/22/2006 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

I'm sure it would have been a landslide, Elise. For beer on the Terrace.

And Katherine (as well as anyone else who's wondering) Santi has been my friend since high school. We were on the chess team together. He's the most intelligent person I've ever met. Check out his blog; it's linked to under my friends' blogs.

6/22/2006 08:24:00 AM  
Blogger Cdoll said...

Oh I agree with Maggie. Dirty Dancing should have been up there. I <3 that movie.

There are way too many good 80's movies and a lot of bad ones too. In your next poll you should do "worst 80's movie"

6/22/2006 06:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home