Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pretty Nice Haricut

So, I decided that I was looking like a hippie. Therefore, I went to a barber shop down the street from my apartment. I had never been there before. I asked for a haircut, sat down, and waited a while.
After a few minutes, I was called into the haircut area and the woman asked me what I wanted done with my hair. This isn't an easy question for me: I don't know what looks good or anything, so I just gave her some basic instructions. I told her to cut the hair around my neck and ears so that my hair would stay off my collar and I wouldn't look so dishevelved. But she was still all confused, especially when I told her to leave the hair on the top of my head (now long enough to come to the bottom of my nose) untouched. She laughed.
Now, listen, I might not have any idea what's up with hair, but I've gotten a few compliments on my hairstyle lately and, damnit, I'm going to keep the long hair. There's no need to laugh.
In any event, the entire ordeal was over pretty soon.
Basically, though, I wish I could just go into a hair place, give some very basic instructions, and come out looking awesome. Is that impossible?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Sigrid does hair at Studio Quest. She specializes in awesome. Check her out.

6/13/2006 02:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home