Sunday, June 04, 2006

Try, Try, Try

I have to admit that I've been really down lately. Not a big deal, it'll pass. Still, it sucks. Especially on days like today, which was a pretty good day.

It didn't start out like it would be, though. First of all, I had to be up just as early as on a weekday because of the Law Review "Strategic Planning Meeting." I won't comment too much on that because it won't be interesting to anyone who wasn't there or who hasn't already heard about it.

In any event, that wrapped up at about 3. The we dispersed momentarily. S.Admin.E. and I added our newly-acquired lamps to the Law Review office, although they're not doing much right now because there aren't any lightbulbs. After that, we all reconvened and went to a Mallards game, the Mallards being the local minor league baseball team. Kinda fun.

Then we went over to SAE's place and played drinking Trivial Pursuit with 40s. Good times.

Eventually, the party moved over to Brocach, which neither S.Admin.E. or I felt like going to, so we went to her apartment and watched an episode of Firefly. After that, I left and reunited with some of the Law Review people and found a very drunk ex-EIC. Really interesting.

Then, finally, the night wrapped up at the Bou, a local dive bar.

I didn't drink too much (other than the 40) because, honestly, I feel like death because I've been getting such little sleep lately. Tomorrow, I have to go into the office at some point, but it doesn't really matter - I'm sleeping in hard core.

Here's what's been bothering me, though. I usually default to hating people. If I don't know anything about you, I'll assume that you're a douchebag (or whatever the appropriate and analagous term for a woman is). If, however, after a few interactions you've demonstrated your coolness, I will change sides, and it'll now be up to you to prove that you're a tool, rather than that you're not.

I fucking hate it, hate it, when people rebutt the initial presumption of douchebag only to later offer irrefutable proof that they are, in fact, a giant tool. It's disappointing and . . .

I don't know. It makes me feel lonely. I've mentioned this several times in the past. I try hard every day to be the best person I can be. Usually, I fall far short of where I'd like to be or where I should be. But I try.

I guess I just don't understand why some people wouldn't even try.

3 Comments:

Blogger RPM said...

I'm sorry someone disappointed you on this. If I ever offer any evidence of being a tool, please tell me straight up. Remember the Monaco. And cheer up, MZRM may have temporarily broken up for the summer, but you still have the Goulinas.

6/04/2006 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mallards aren't a minor league team. They are a college summer league team.

6/04/2006 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you be down when each day takes us just that much closer to the feel good event of the summer--Mother Fucking Snakes on a Plane!

6/06/2006 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home