Saturday, June 17, 2006

This Is What it Must be Like to Hear Your Band's First Single on the Radio for the First Time

Oh man, this is kinda awesome. I was freaking out today about whether an employer would be able to find my blog from a search engine. Turns out, it's pretty fucking easy to find my blog from Google.

But that's not what's awesome. What's awesome is that if you do a search for my name (not including my middle name) and the city where I live, the first hit you get is this. Scroll down a little and you'll see that thedailypage.com, one of Madison's local newspages (which is affiliated with the Isthmus (Flagstaff people, think The Flag Live!)) linked to and quoted my post about the painted cows currently scattered around Madison. This is one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me!

Someone I don't know read my blog, then linked to it, and they even quoted it!! I don't think this was in the printed Isthmus, but it's still awesome! Not everyone got a quote, either! I feel damned special.

And, by the way, this is the second post I've put up today. However, please read the previous post, immediately below this one. I think it's funny and interesting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy, that is so awesome! why are you awake at 4 a.m.?

6/17/2006 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger M.T. said...

oh man, your claim to fame is way cooler than mine...a couple weeks ago i made a post about this crazy trip planner from a cruise line that kept calling me. Well apparently, this particular cruise line employs a person whose sole responsibility is to sift through media for any publications about said company and post them on his "cruise watch" blog...haha

6/18/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! 

How do you change the size of your monitor?

Wow, I've found the same to be true too!  How did you find that?  

See you soon! Girly Girl 


how I make money with paid surveys

2/14/2007 11:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

3/01/2007 04:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home